Solar power can save you hundreds, or even thousands of dollars every year on your electric bill. For example, an average household can save between $534 and $1,150 per year, depending on location and daily power consumption with a 3.0kW solar power system. As the price of electricity goes up every year, so will the savings. Don’t miss out, with thousands of dollars in rebates still available, install a solar power system and begin enjoying the benefits of a reduced electricity bill. Over the years, Crest Solar and Batteries has helped Australians enjoy solar power benefits that include:
- Reduced electricity bills for years to come.
- Minimised impact from huge energy price increases.
- An increase in their home value.
- Improved living environment.
- Maintaining a better quality of life.
- A reduction in their carbon footprint.
- Sense of environmental responsibility.
Making the most of your solar systemHere are some helpful tips to help you maximize the benefits of your solar system:
- Small actions and changes in your everyday behavior can reduce the consumption of your electricity significantly and reduce your payback period.
- Making your home or business more energy efficient will make the most of your solar system. Some of the ways you can do this include:
- Using your appliances during the day, when your solar system is producing electricity.
- Turn appliances off, at the wall, to make sure they are completely off and not on “stand by”.
- Replace your appliances with energy efficient ones.
- Turn the thermostat down on your hot water heater. This could be the major usage of power in your home if you have an electric booster hot water system.
- Turn of air conditioners and heaters if you aren’t home, and only use them in rooms that are occupied.
- Use only energy efficient lightbulbs.
- Install shades or blinds on your windows to prevent heat gain in your home.